North Dallas Tree & Sod provides the best possible sod installation money can buy which begins with selecting the best sod available, cut less than 24 hours before installation in your yard. We have a 9 step process which will put your lawn on the path for future success for many years to come.
1) First, when we arrive at your house, we immediately mark all irrigation boxes and heads so that we do not mess with your irrigation system.
2) We scrape the yard down to the soil, removing the old vegetation, and gathering any debris for disposal.
3) Tillers and soil cultivators are used to create a freshly-conditioned base for the new sod to take root in.
4) If the sod will be butting up against any concrete we come in and dig down one inch so that the new sods roots are below the concrete creating a nice transition from the cement to sod.
5) We then come in and make out any high points and fill in any low points so there is a smooth level surface to lay sod to allow for optimal irrigation.
6) Once the surface is smoothed over we apply a fertilizer treatment and rake it in lightly to help the new sod grow and also help protect it from the weeds while it i staking root and filling in.
7) Now we are ready to plant the new turf. We start with the longest, straightest line and alternate the joints until the whole yard is planted.
8) Now that your yard has been properly prepared and planted, we are ready to water it in and check to make sure that all the irrigation system is working and properly watering the entire years. Extreme care is taken to ensure any preexisting sprinkler heads remain intact and functional during our installation process, or we fix it for free.
9) The last and final step is to roll the yard with a sod roller. This helps make sure that the new sod is firmly pressed against the tilled soil underneath and helps to smooth the yard out. While the yard may have some lumpiness from the soft underlying soil, it should settle in the following weeks. If any lumps persist past the settling-in process, topsoil may be used to fill in any low points.
New lawns have some specific advantages over old ones. You have the chance to add proper soil amendments, and you can choose a lawn grass variety that is ideal for your climate, soil conditions, and level of sun exposure.
Sodding your lawn gives it instant beauty without the time consuming task of seeding. North Dallas Tree and Sod can provide finest top quality sod in the DFW area.
Contact us for a free estimate of sod in one of our specialty areas today! Proudly installing sod in Plano, Dallas, Coppell, Frisco, Lewisville, Carrollton, and The Colony.